Hydrophobia Prophecy was the second re-release of the 2010 XLBA game Hydrophobia. Described as the 1.5 version of the original Xbox 360 release, the game was released via Steam on May 9th 2011 and on the PlayStation Network on November 1st 2011. The game is vastly differs from its original release with the developers claiming that roughly 70% of the game is different from the Xbox 360 release.
List of Main Differences
- The games level design was seriously revamped with stages being either altered or taken out completely and were replaced by new levels. In addition to this more explorable areas were also added to the game.
- The games ending was changed to a battle between Kate and Mila where upon defeating and killing Mila, Kate injects herself with the antivirus to the virus which has infected her before she passes out and the game fades into the credits.
- The character Scoot also underwent a massive alteration. His voice actor was replaced with Oliver Vaquer who replaced Naithan Ariane in response to the criticism which surrounded Ariane's performance. In addition to this a significant portion of the character's dialog was cut and the character model was changed to have a more muscular appearance rather than his fatter appearance in the original game.
- Kate's outfit was changed and her apartment at during the games opening was also changed.
- The graphics were improved.
- Operating System: Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 with latest Service Pack
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics: NVidia 8600GT with 512MB RAM or Radeon HD 3650 with 512MB RAM
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 8 GB
- Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card